Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spinoff: Flakies Made Matte

Hi! I can't let go of my crazy flakie manicure. So to freshen it up I added a matte topcoat to it. I just adore matte flakies. If you think flakies are cool alone, matte top coat takes it up a huge notch. It's so fascinating how even though you are taking away shine, the flakies seem to shine more. It is just wonderful. There is no glare to take away from them. Every little flake and every little detail shows and glows.

So to recap, here is what my mani looked like yesterday:


And here is what it looks like now:

It's like opalescent, crushed, stained glass. It's so cool!!

Have a great day!
-Elaine
:c)

12 comments:

  1. I need to try a matte color, looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how flakies are meant to be worn. Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought to mattify flakies--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep resisting flakies, but I'm going to cave eventually and HAVE to get them! Gorgeous!

    Oh, and I gave you an award: http://aquilah.com/?p=954

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is glorious! Like milky opal, only bluer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, these are crazy nail paint ideas. I will definitely try these at home.
    Cheers,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're absolutely stunning. I love the color and the glittery design. Restylane

    ReplyDelete