Sunday, December 26, 2010

Striping Tape Review

Hi! I recently had a chance to review some products from bornprettystore.com and the product I am showing you today is the striping tapes.

Striping tapes are thin, colored/metallic/glittery tapes that are used for nail art. These supposedly come as a set of 12, but I only have 10: black, coppery-brown, purple, blue, green, silver, white, pink, yellow and red. From their picture online it looks like there may also be a sky blue and magenta? It's hard to tell.

This is the first time I have ever used striping tapes but I think they were very easy to use and I like the mani that I did with them:

I started by painted my nails as usual. For this design I did half white creme and half China Glaze - Jolly Holly. Once that was all dry I started with the roll of red, taped it onto my nail from the diagonal corner near the cuticle, pressed it along the nail and cut the end. Simple! I did that to all 10, trimmed and excess and topped it with top coat.

There really weren't any issues with using these except that a couple nails did have some lifting at the free edge but to remedy that I just added more top coat.

The set of 12 tapes is sold for $8.99 and decreases in price the more sets you buy. Bornprettystore.com is located in China but ships internationally.

The store also sells plenty of other nail art products including rhinestones, filmo and stickers. They also sell polish (I have some to show you) tools, acrylic equipment, false eyelashes and other things. I have some nail stamping kits to review for you but so far I haven't had success with them. More to come...

10 comments:

  1. this looks nice, such a clean line! i dont think i would be able to apply it so nicely. problem with gluing things to my nails is that i always want to pick it off xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very christmassy :P Dont think its any I would use though.. Im not good with stripes :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty! I want striping tape too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you get the nail polish so smooth when you use two colors like that? And get such a perfect diagonal line between the two colors? (I do realize there is the striping tape lol but I mean with just the nail polish itself.) I haven't been able to figure that out :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may pick these up! I like the striping effect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you wrote about this. I've always wondered what striping tape is for and how to use it (sometimes, things aren't as literal as it sounds so I wasn't sure).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this!! My friend bought me some things from bornprettystore and they added 2 of these to my order and I wasn't sure if they were easy to use or not..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, I'll have to keep these in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shanna - I started with the white and waited until it was dry. The trick? I use painters tape, that blue, masking tape looking tape, and covered half of the white and painted the green with Jolly Holly. The way to make sure the line is clean too, is to peel it off immediately while the polish is still wet.
    :c)

    ReplyDelete