Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On Ogre of a Polish

I recently had a wonderful swap with a lady in Israel and she sent me an awesome, unique and wild bottle of polish. This this is so cool for so many reasons. First off, the color is a murky, lime, Shrek green. In fact, if it met the new release from OPI it would say "Whoa, whoa... Who the Shrek are you?"

Besides for the color being reminiscent of an ogre, the bottle totally is too. It has to be the ugliest bottle in my whole collection. It is not attractive in the least... and yet that is what makes me attracted to it! It is bizarrely tall, and big, and looks like a big oaf next to my other bottles. Observe:

It towers above my OPI and China Glaze bottles and even Orly which I find to be rather large.

Here it is in two coats. Nice, smooth, even formula. And I love the slime, pea green on. But there is more...

I added some Konad stamping with plate M70 and China Glaze - Awaken, a black chrome. LOVE IT!!

What do you think?
-Elaine
:c)

12 comments:

  1. Very unique indeed. I've never heard of that brand. Very nice color. Love the Konading,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the end result and superlove your description of it. I laughed so hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. That is the most striking mani I have seen for a long while. I would love to be able to do/have that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the base color and the combination that you used. It looks really good on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! 20mL? WOO HOO!!! I love this big fella!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really looks like a fun colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love the shape of that bottle! The color is fabulous - so fresh - if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color! I also love your description of the bottle - an oaf next to the others! Nice konad too

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhh!!! this is gorgeous!! i love the color and the stamp!! it goes well together!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I love it!!!!
    Nice konad :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete