Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jungle Boogie

**UPDATE** TO ALL LOVELY LADIES - Thanks for the comments! I am in love with this! I tried to find it earlier on Nubar's site too and didn't find it so I was guessing it was discontinued. Then it hit me. I received my bottle as an extra from a sweet swapper in Latvia. There wasn't an original label on it either. She put a label on herself that said "Jungle Boogie" and in the letter it mentioned a franken, (a homemade mix of several polishes) and I am kind of slow sometimes and didn't realize this was the franken! If I can find out what she used I will let you know!
:c)


After having "safe" work appropriate colors on all week, I was dying to get something loud, sparkly, blingy and obnoxious on my nails yesterday as soon as I got home. So I reached for a new baby I got recently. It's Nubar - Jungle Boogie. (not. see above)

It's a full coverage glitter (my fave!) and it is comprised of very small green, blue, yellow and purple glitter. The over-all color is mostly green but it's really set off with a few red and yellow string glitter in there. The string glitter isn't overpowering, and it isn't even half of the total glitter, but it is noticeable, in a bit of a subconscious way. It's evoking an emotion out of you when you look at it, but you don't know why. It's amazing.

I have so much to bring you once I have a second to swatch. It's been crazy over here! I still have China Glaze - Fight Like a Woman, OPI - Swiss, Ms. Manicure kits, and some newish Sinful Colors. Have no fear!

Love,
Elaine
:c)

14 comments:

  1. love love it...will be bugger to get off though lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those colors! that second picture is amazing so i can only imagine how it looks in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome!! I'll need to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I'm not finding it on the nubar website. Is it discontinued?

    ReplyDelete
  5. *pushes eyeballs back into her head* That. Is. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! *heaves jaw off of floor* Is it still available?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I find this beauty? I can't seem to find it anywhere! It's perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy swear words!!! I'm going to steal this from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! nice blog you got there :)
    I'm a follower now:)!

    Maybe you can check my blog out as well and become a follower?
    Http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elaine! I rarely comment because I'm (oh dear) lazy, but I do read Lacquer Laine regularly. I've tagged you here at my blog: http://impyroghea.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/sweet-friends-3/

    and I hereby resolve to comment more often!

    ReplyDelete