Monday, October 11, 2010

Still Love Mattes

I had a crazy idea for some fun with my matte top coat and made an over the top layering mani. I started with super bright red creme. Then I added Wet n Wild - Ice Blue Pearl that I used for this matte mani. Then I threw on a coat of Sally Hansen - Hidden Treasure because matte flakies are one of my most favorite things ever. I don't like the end result that much because the blue is over powering. There is less blue on the right hand nails, but the cuticles on that hand were not camera ready soo.....

This close up is actually from my right hand. I like the more subtle blue flash and more emphasis on the flakies.

What do you think?

:c)
Elaine

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I never expected flakies would look so pretty when matte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looks really great with the blue - and for the record, I noticed the gorgeous flakies first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this! I was planning on wearing a pink mani next for BCA, and I may add some HT and matte top coat. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous~
    You totally made me into a matte lovin' flakie *-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love matte flakies! I should probably try it on myself one day >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love matte flakies!! This is so much fun with the flash of blue...definitely makes it unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This combo is pretty! I like the blue....I don't think it's too much at all.

    ReplyDelete