Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nicole by OPI - One Less Lonely Girl Collection

The One Less Lonely Girl was conceived to raise awareness for Pencils of Promise, and organization that builds sustainable schools for underserved children in the developing world. In addition to educating consumers about this non-profit, Nicole by OPI has committed to building two such schools.

Not A Gold Bigger - This is a gold foil. Is it pretty? Yes. Is it unique? No.

I've Got Bieber Fever - This is a dark plummy purple with a subtle shimmer. This is very beautiful and I want to believe I have other shades like this, but I still have a spot for this one in my heart.

Make U Smile - This is a chunky silver/blue glitter in a clear base. It is shown over My Lifesaver. At first glance I thought maybe this was a dupe to Deborah Lippmann - Today Was A Fairytale, but it's not. TWAF has a blue base and although this looks blue in the bottle, it's clear on the nail. Also the glitter in TWAF is more dense.

Red-y To Runaway Love? - This is awesome. How could a plain red creme be so awesome you say? First thing is the formula. It's thin but pigmented. It glides on effortlessly in two coats. Next the color is so bright and amazing. I know, I know. This is a red creme. That is what I thought too until I put it on. I was actually going to wear this to work because I thought it would be boring, and I quickly realized I had to take it off because it is just SO DAMN BRIGHT!

I'm A Belieber - Hott damn. This a bright purple creme. It has the slightest bit of jelly finish. It is so bright a purple it makes me real happy. It makes me think of grapes. I feel like it should smell like grapes. I don't have anything like this.

My Lifesaver - This is a bright mint creme. Another winner. At first I wasn't excited because I assumed I had a dupe but its honestly not like any other mint cremes I have. It is more blue than most mints. The bluest mint I have is Essie - Mint Candy Apple but My Lifesaver isn't at all like it because it is more saturated and not pastel like MCA. It is awesome.

One Time Lime - This is another winner from this collection. This is a bold, saturated lime creme. I don't have anything like this in my collection.

"Baby" Blue - Cute name. And yet another winner. This is a bright sky blue creme. Another saturated, rich creme in a beautiful shade.

Overall this is a very fun collection. I feel a bit luke-warm about the non-creme polishes in this set but the creme shades: Oh my. I love every one of them. They are all incredible on and have great formulas, especially Red-y To Runaway.

These are all available now at Wal-Marts, select Targets, Sears and Ulta.

Disclosure: The products featured in this post were furnished to me by the manufacturer or PR company for review. For more information please visit my disclosure policy.

8 comments:

  1. These are the best swatches I've seen of this collection. Actually kind of makes me want to give in and buy something associated with Justin Bieber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I'm a belieber is a great colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like My Lifesaver. and thats about it! im so underwhelmed with this collection! theyre all pretty, but nothing i really havent seen before. cant complain about a creme though, they are my fave :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for swatching these!! I am embarrassed to want something Beiber associated but I am lemming for My Lifesaver, I'm a Beileber, One Time Lime, Baby Blue and you may have convinced me about Red-y to Runaway Love... now I just have to find these somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty cool collection ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the other collection better. There are a few neat ones in this collection though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I have a couple of these and love them. I buy them for the colors not because they are associated with justin beiber :D. I dont mean to complain but in the description for pencils of promise you haave that it is for undeserved children it should be underserved. I only mention this because the words make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wondering if your nails are so beautiful then how about face....Sentences are like sharp nails, which force truth upon our memories.

    ReplyDelete