Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some New Drug Store Swatches

Recently there have been several drugstore nail polishes releases from several brands. I have picked out a few from these brands to show you>>

Sally Hansen - Lacey Lilac - This is from a new set of Xtreme wears that includes a mint, dark gray, blue and magenta. This is an awesome pastel lavender/lilac creme. It's bright, but not stark and is isn't too red or too blue. Beautiful and also has a great formula. Easily applies in two coats. God I love Xtreme Wears.

Revlon - Copper Penny - This is a copper foil that can be found in a special display of metallics that includes a gold and silver as well. This is awesome. I have plenty of gold and silver metallics but none that are a copper color like this. I have a cool mani I did with this to show you too.

Revlon - Cloud - This is in a new collection of Top Speed Revlons that have a big display of several bright colors I am sure you have seen if you frequent the makeup section of the drugstore at all. This is a super pretty periwinkle creme. I feel like this is what Sally Hansen - Cloud should have looked like. Although I shouldn't take away from it, but this one is more wearable.

Wet n Wild - Party of Five Glitters - (shown over black) - This is a clear top coat with blue, silver, green, red and purple glitters (five!). I was disappointed with this one formula-wise. The base is very thick and gloppy and the glitter is very sparse. This is three coats and I am still not pleased with the coverage.

Oke Doke - Camo Loco - This is a new brand to me. Oke Doke surprised me one day at Rite Aid. And I am glad I found it because this green is to die for. This is a mossy, olivey, super shimmery green with gold undertones. This is gorgeous.

Oke Doke - Purple Nurple - Another winner from Oke Doke. This is a deep, rich, royal purple with red and blue shimmer. Really pretty. This is one you have to see in real life.

Just goes to show, you don't have to spend a lot to get gorgeous, good-quality nail lacquer. These are all between $1.99 to $4.99 and are easy to find at any drugstore.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches! I love Lacey Lilac! I wonder how it compares to OPI Done Out in Deco or Do You Lilac It?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really pretty colors! Thanks for the swatches! :)
    I really like Cloud, how many coats did it take to be opaque?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney - Thank you! DOID is more dusty but it could be close to DYLI

    Susy - You are welcome!! I believe I got Cloud on in 3 coats.. tops.. could have been two.. my memory is fuzzy now
    :C)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Revlon Copper Penny is released in Australia. I really love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Oke Doke Purple Murple (the name makes me giggle).

    ReplyDelete