Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chanel - Paradoxal....ish

Have you all been nervously pacing wondering if it is a good idea to drop $23 for the new Fall shade from Chanel: Paradoxal? A lot of us are. It is beautiful, but.... $23? It's a hard pill to swallow. I can't help thinking there has to be a way to get the gray-taupe-purple shade with the violet shimmer look for less either by frankening (mixing different polishes together) or layering.

Then I had a polish revalation. A "lacqualation", if you will. I picked up a polish from CVS last week from a new line called "Confetti". The shade is called "Moonstruck" and it is that hard to peg taupey, grayish, purple, just like Paradoxal. Next I had to get some purple shimmer in there. I recently acquired a cool, gleaming violet shimmer in a clear base. It's Orly - Love Each Other. Then I threw that on top.

Looking at my creation I am sure it is probably a lot lighter than Paradoxal, but that is okay. I love this!

What do you think? Are you getting Paradoxal? Or are you looking for a cheaper option to get the look?
:cD
-Elaine

10 comments:

  1. I'm not into Paradoxal. It's pretty, but ..meh...I was thinking like you about frankens or layering. CQ makes a color kind of like that, something bark I think.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that into Paradoxal. If it was the price of a drugstore brand, I would probably get it, but there's no way I'm paying $20 for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i really like paradoxal, but i can get jessica venus was her name for 7.50 you do the math i've seen comparisons and i know how to save a $ or two. if i had a job yeah i'd splurge though. nice creation of yours there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i already bought paradoxal days ago.it was my first chanel. i will be looking out for the colors you used for this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already got the Paradoxal, but your creation is quite close, maybe even better!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't want Paradoxical for that price though I did recently franken a near dupe for the challenge. I'm loving it particularly given the price though now I might have to hunt down that Confetti too! Hard to pass up a good creme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I really want paradoxal too but I'm determined to find a dupe somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yours looks great. I never was into Paradoxal. Too boring for $23.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Paradoxal as a B-day gift. I like it but I think its way too hyped up for what it is.

    I loveee this swatch! Super pretty :P

    ReplyDelete