Friday, July 9, 2010

Lohan Nails

So Lindsay Lohan is going to jail. I am not here to talk about that in any way, shape or form. What I am here to talk about, however, is her nails in court the other day. They were brought to our attention because apparently they had profanity written on them. Observe:

Photo courtesy of Perez Hilton

I am not here to talk about the profanity though, either. What I am here to talk about is the colorful, airbrushed design she had on! I decided I wanted to take a stab at a recreation and this is what I came up with:

Interested in how I did it? It was mostly a matter of sponging, which I have never done, and it turns out, it's not that hard! Here is what I did:

1) I painted all my nails with a white cream to start.

2) Next, I took one of the three colors I was going to sponge with and started sponging! Which color you start with isn't really important. I just started with pink by chance.

3) Continue sponging with the other two colors. I intentionally did all nails different. Some have more orange, more pink or more blue, and all have the colored spots arranged differently.

4) Next, I stamped white flowers with Konad plate M65 on all nails.

5) Lastly, I applied topcoat and cleaned up my messy fingers with remover and an orange stick wrapped in cotton.

There are several different sponges that you could use but I used a cosmetic wedge to accomplish my sponging.

The shades I used: Diamond Cosmetics - Tranquility, China Glaze - Sugar High, KleanColor - Mango

Side by side, how do you think I did?

Have a fantastic Friday!
-Elaine
:c)

32 comments:

  1. Hey, I did one too! It is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha awesome post! yours look prettier :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - yours look better. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours look so pretty!! They turned out great, I love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! This mani is so well known that one of my male coworkers knew about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo LMAO off at the recreation picture!! I'm so you did that, I'm still cracking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. **I'm so GLAD - too much laughter had my brain working faster than my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL LL is a character thats for sure!
    Your nails look wayyyyyyy better very nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice recreation! I kept hearing about her nails but nobody would tell me exactly what was so profane about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha,Elaine this is AWESOME, especially that last picture. And I agree yours is MUCH prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like yours much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love it! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There has been a lot of talk about this mani. But this is the first time I have seen a close up of what they actually look like.

    Yes, my dear, yours are way better. And, more feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job. I like yours much better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yours is much better. lohan's looks like she asked her little sister to do her nails.

    she(lohan)only has you beat with the penmanship : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it, love it, love it!! Just imagine this done with other colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! So delicate with the white stamped over top, I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm weird, I don't know if I have double posted.. well anyway as I was writing, I love yours more because yours doesn't have that bad word on it :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job, they turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love them! You hit the colors spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL cool. Yours look way way way neater. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yours look way better. Lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the step-by-step on this look!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yours is way better, I love it! I like the effect the cosmetic sponge gives as opposed to a kitchen sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha, great recreation and really beats the original (with a feminine touch)!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh!
    Today I did it, taken your nails like models!

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete