Friday, July 23, 2010

New Brand Alert: Confetti

I am always on the lookout for new polishes or interesting nail products when I am out and about. I always looking out for you guys! I was very pleased to stumble upon and display in CVS of a new brand: Confetti. Overall the whole line looked a bit boring (I mean "safe") but they did throw in some interesting shades for us junkies, including a green! And they retail for just $1.99 a bottle! So I grabbed a couple.

Moonstruck - I showed you this one last week for my Chanel - Paradoxal dupe. It's that cool, edgy, gray-taupe-purple color we love so much! Great shade and great formula.

Centerstage - This is a bright, glowing purple. It's on the red/magenta side and shimmers flecks of blue. Great formula. Two coats.

Bombshell Blue - Awesome, shimmery, glowy, cornflower blue. Very eye-catching. This is my favorite type of blue polish color. My only complaint is that the formula is thin and needed 3 coats.

My Favorite Martian - The star of the show! This is a very shimmery, olive green. This also needs 3 coats like Blue Bombshell and the brush was a little wonky. It reminded me of Sinful Colors - Show Me The Way so I did a comparison:

They are actually pretty different. The similarities are shimmery olive, needs three coats, and $1.99 price tag. But on the nail they are obviously different. My Favorite Martian builds to a more saturated color and is more green while Show Me The Way is more yellow. Show me the way has a great glass-fleck that is lost in this picture in the bright sun.

What do you think?
:c)
Have a great Friday!!

11 comments:

  1. So far of the ones I've tried, I like the formula in the other new line (10 Pro) better, but Confetti does seem to have a few more interesting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the blue and Martian. Don't have this brand in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Moonstruck and My Favorite Martian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thin this brand will do well for $1.99 you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, thanks for the heads up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Moonstruck, I picked it up while I was on a taupe kick a few weeks ago and it's quickly become one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw these the other night and was tempted... I've been wanting a taupey color so the 1st is perfect, and for only $2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen these but haven't tried any yet. I think I will pick up a couple next time I'm at CVS, I love the blue one and the green one is pretty too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh they look nice! Thanks for the comparison. I think I need to keep a lookout for My Favorite Martian. Haha cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your swatches are awesome. :)
    I did a review on Moonstruck and was actually moonstruck with the color. I never appreciated a grey-taupe polish before.
    I got the Martian but haven't used it yet. And you have me going back to CVS for the Bombshell Blue.
    Do you think you'll get more of this brand?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm wearing Moonstruck right now and was pleasantly surprised with the formula. Good thing I picked up a few other colors ...

    ReplyDelete