Saturday, May 2, 2009

Milani Swatches - Part 1

Hello! Today I am finally posting my Milani swatches, Part 1 of 2. I decided to do them because while thinking about my polishes I realized these were way up there on the faves list. This brand is great because it is virtually everywhere, and has beautiful colors and an incredible formula. They usually retail around $4+, but I always almost see them on sale. I also saw someone online write they didn't like the color selection, but I think they have a wide wide range of colors, including cremes, glitters, neons, shimmers, metallics... In blues, purples, orange, yellow, pink, whites, browns, red, berry... plenty to choose from. So here's my swatches:

Blackberry Baby - Ugh. Not for the color but for my sloppy fingers! Sorry. I just got this one and am in love! It's a dark cherry color that is not too dark. It's shimmery too. It goes on super smooth and is a gorgeous color. LOVE IT
Totally Cool - sun pic and shade pic. Other bloggers have been raving about this one and with good reason. Are you looking!? It's a blue/purple jelly with purple microglitter. HOT! I did 3 coats because it's a bit sheer being a jelly, but it's worth it. If you go to a drugstore it check this out, also look and see if they have Sinful Colors-Daddy's Girl. It is also a blue/purple jelly with purple microglitter, but the base is brighter and bluer and you may like it more. I wish I had it to compare. I tried to control my buying. (Which is usually a failure anyway!)
Mr. Sandman - Indoor with flash, and outdoor in sun. A tan metallic. Not too much to say about this one. It's neutral and pretty.
The Hottest Pink- Sun and shade - I just rebought this one because I killed the old one because I wore it so much! Yup. That awesome. Doesn't the name sell you too? 'The Hottest'. Okay. You win. It's a hot pink/fuschia with blue flash. Goes on smooth and gorgeous in 2 coats. One of my faves definately.
Red To Tango - The first pic is in one coat. It's amazing. This one is a goof proof red. It is so thin and smooth and easy to apply. It's amazing. I am a habitual 2 coater so I did two, and that is in the 2nd and 3rd pics, sun and shade. The shade is the best representation of the color. It is not as bright as the first 2 suggest. It is much deeper.
Tropical Fiesta - Bright pink creme that is kind of on the coral side but I wouldn't call it coral. It's super bright without being neon. Very fun, punchy color. The pic is indoor with flash. I thought is was the best pic to show the true color. It didn't show as true to life in the sun for some reason.

I have more to come so stay tuned for part 2!!





8 comments:

  1. They're all very pretty. I think I like Red to Tango the best followed closely by Totally Cool. Thanks for sharing, I don't have too many Milani's, I'll have to get some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like "The Hottest Pink." I think I am going to have to get some of these. They all look very good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any of the Milani. I like the Blackberrry Baby and Totally Cool. Very pretty. Thanks for swatcing a brand I don't see often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally Cool and The Hottest Pink are very beautiful. I like the glitter in TC and I'm so into pink and shimmer so THP can't go wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. clockwork - I know it's beautiful!

    Mary- You're welcome! You gotta do some Milani shopping! They really are great.

    Olivia C. - You gotta scoop up Hottest Pink! Before I had too many polishes to wear that was my go-to like, almost every maniicure!! It's so pretty! Thank you!

    Lucy- You're welcome for the swatches! You don't see them online often.

    Alexlyndra- TC and THP are out of this world! Get em if you don't have em! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see I am gonna have to keep my eye out for Totally Cool! great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I hope you find it Brooke! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete