Thursday, May 21, 2009

Petites from D.C.

Hello! Today I am bringing swatches of the other part of my D.C. haul. It's the four Petites I got: Passion Orange, Universe, Hot Sauce, Purely Pearl.
Passion Orange is hot hot hot! It's a creme orange and it is so much brighter than this picture could depict. It's borderline neon. And it's also borderline coral, not so much orange. I love it.
Universe. Whoa whoa whoa! Besides green my favorite color is gold. And not just polish, but everything! And this is such a good add to the gold collection. It's a sheer gold with gold glitter AND gold flakes!! Can you believe this was $1.79? This should have been called "Look Rich Be Cheap"!! I couldn't take the picture in direct sun because so much light reflected back at the camera the light completely took over and you couldn't see the nails at all!


Hot Sauce. This one is a chameleon. Not that it is a duochrome or color change polish, but everytime I look at it, it looks different to me. Sometimes deep, sometimes bright. Sometimes like a yellow-based tomato red, and others like it's blue-based and like a hot pink/berry-ish. I would call this creme, but in the sun you can see a smidge of shimmer. I really like it!
Purely Pearl. Metallic white. It is awesome and goes on smooth and opaque in 2 coats. I like it a lot. You just have to love it with brush strokes included. I don't think there is a way around it with this one.

AND today I thought I would share my new love! My puppy, Cash. We got him from a shelter and that was his name! I know it's kind of weird. We thought about changing it, but nothing else really hit us. I fell in love with him one day when I went to look at dogs with a friend (bad idea!) and I told my boyfriend about him when I got home and he went back the next day and got him while I was a work!! He is a Schnoodle: half minature schnauzer and half poodle. When we got him his hair was really long! He was so cute and scraggly:
But we had to get him a haircut because it didn't really look like he could see!
He loves this lion.
He's such a good little boy!


  1. awwwwww, the puppy pics killed me!! Especially the one where he is in a dead run, lol!

    The gold polish is hot!! My fav. of the bunch. also LOL at look rich, be cheap - sing it sister!

  2. All of the Petites are pretty, but Universe is stunning! What a cool polish :) I'm so glad you posted pics of your new fur boy! He looks so happy. I just want to squish him! Thank you for saving him, I'm fine with people getting a dog froma breeder, it's their choice. But I am a huge advocate of rescue dogs and am involved in German Shepherd rescue, it's a huge part of our lives. Love his name...Cash, like the man in black, Johnny Cash :)))

  3. These polishes are too pretty! So nice on you. Awww...Cash is so cute! I was thinking Johnny Cash too.

  4. Hi, took me a while to find your blog (I dunno why just couldn't find a link ugh) but I made it lol. The gold polish is amazing! I also like the white pearl one too.

    Your new baby is adorable how fantastic of you to rescue him. The very last picture he is grinning ear to ear! :D

  5. It's soo beautiful with flakes in that polish!

  6. Cute puppy :-D
    He made me forget all bout the polishes, ut think I liked them too ;-)

  7. What a great colors ! I especially love Universe and Hot Sauce.

    And Cash looks so cute !! Glad to hear that he found a warm place in your house and hope you all have great time together :-)

  8. What a sweet boyfriend. I think Cash is adorable. How's he liking his new home? Bless you for rescuing a dog.

  9. Brooke- Thanks! I was so excited when I got him in that run!

    Mary- Universe is too cool! That is great that you are involved in dog rescue! Too many great puppies don't have great homes! I like his name now too! It had to grow on me! And I love Johnny Cash!

    Velvet- Thank you!

    Kae- I'm sorry you had trouble getting here! But you're here now so that is all that matters! I'm glad you like the white one! I do too but I could see how some might not with the brush strokes and all.

    Alexlyndra- Aren't the flakes awesome?!

    Kristine- Thank you!!!

    tuli-Thank you! Universe and Hot Sauce are great. Glad you like my little guy! He is happy with us!

    Lucy-Isn't my guy the sweetest!? I sure got lucky getting such a thoughful man. Cash is doing great. He is so happy and playful! He is just the cutest! He loves everyone and every dog. He is a hit everywhere he goes!