Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I was tagged! Twice!

I was tagged twice for this "10 facts about you" fun! I was tagged by Nihrida and by Tuli!I have to give you guys 10 facts about me, and then tag 10 more blogs! Okay, here they are:

1) I am a fisherwoman. I was the first born child, and since my dad didn't get a boy, I learned the boy stuff. Incidentally, I love fishing and caught my first fish when I was about 2. Mostly I like to fish streams for trout, but last year I went fishing for striped bass in the spring on the Hudson River and caught a 25 lb. bass.

2) I love games. Mostly darts or pool or ping-pong definitely! But I also love card games (not really poker... not much of a gambler) and my favorite board game is Pictionary. AND I loooove to beat boys at games. Especially ping-pong.

3) I love comedy. Movies or TV. I enjoy laughing. I am not a very serious person. I love to laugh out loud at things I watch, even if I am alone, and I have a very loud, semi-obnoxious laugh. Favorite TV: 30Rock, The Office, South Park. Favorite Movie ever: Dumb and Dumber

4) I am short. Only 4'11''. I don't think I have ever shared that with you guys! I love it, I just hate when people guess my age is waaayyy younger than I am. I have a bit of a baby face, and it sux! I know that when I am older it will be great to look young, but it is no fun to be an adult and have people tell you that you look like a child. I get IDed for rated R movies and last week a guy in a toll booth didn't think I was old enough to drive! I am going to be 24 next week!!! Come on!

5) Although I am a shopper when it comes to nail polish, I am not when it comes to the other standard girl stuff. I don't have tons of shoes, bags, clothes or make-up. I wear the same shoes everyday, and when I wear down the heel tips (yes they are usually heels... shorty here!) I get them replaced! I have had the same couple purses for years, and I rarely do much to my face. I have been getting more into eyeshadow recently though.

6) I love to ride my bike!! I live in a city, so I don't bother having a car, but I love to ride my bicycle. When I lived a little closer to work/school I rode back and forth everyday. It was 5 miles one way. That seemed perfect. But now it's 11 miles to get to work. I can make it. I have done it a couple of times, but I just can't tire myself like that. Plus I would be so gross by the time I got there!

7) Although I don't have a car now, when I was still in New York, the only vehicle I ever had was an SUV. It was huge and I loved it. I carted around everyone and everything and I was always the driver on roadtrips. I have a good sense of direction. It was also a stick, and that is another thing I got from my dad. He had me driving that thing, by myself, when I was 12!!! Only on dirt roads up in the woods though. Not on real roads! This was my baby:

8) I have never dyed my hair!

9) I went skydiving on my 18th birthday.

10) I love spiders. I mean, they creep me out just like the rest of you. I don't touch them or anything, but I am fascinated with them. I think they are so cool and amazing and I love to look at them, and photograph them (I have a collection). Last week Tommy and I were at Target, and when we were pulling in I saw a huge web between two trees, and I had to go take a look. When we got out of the store, I looked... it was, hands down, the biggest spider I have ever seen in the wild! I mean, it was HUGE!!! Body was like a golf ball. From a distance Tommy didn't think it was one spider. He thought two or more. He didn't want to even get close! He was freaking out that I was so close to it. I could kick myself a hundred times for not having my camera. I want to go back, but I just figure he will be gone and I'll be disappointed.

Here's one I took a couple years ago:

And here are my ten blogs. I tried to hit ones that haven't done this yet:
Sparkling.Pink.Gorilla
Vampy Varnish
Concrete and Nail Polish
Lou Lou Land
The Nailphile
Steph's Closet
Dizzy Nails
Nail Art Tuesday
Gettin' Nailed
Alexlyndra

10 comments:

  1. Fun and interesting reading :) I love fishing also, it's relaxing, but not when the 'big one' bites! Your spider picture is very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary! Your spider pic reminded me that I should add my spider love to my 10 facts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved your 10 facts :-) thanks for sharing!
    I also tagged you for this and glad you did it. totaly the same as your No. 5 - I could have write it about myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, thanks for sharing! Also just wanna say Congrats! On your 100 followers! I won't be entering as I have 2 of the 3 polishes, but I wanted to say I think it's awesome of you to do a giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Just wanted to let you know that we are both short and we both love spiders! If you ever get a photo of the giant Target spider, please post it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your facts! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great fun facts! i also love fishing but i'm too much of an "indoor girl" to get out that often to do it. and i love the spider pic, although i freaking hate spiders hahaha. i'm shivering just typing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel you on the games thing. I've been playing pool since I was in fifth grade. My parents bought me a blacklight pool table for my sixteenth birthday and I was immediately christened the coolest basement in town. Managed to beat all my guy friends at it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mom was the same height as you. She hated being short but she made up for it with her personality. I've never fished but would like to someday. Love the spider picture. I love photos of all insects and animals. I just don't want to be near the insects! There are some amazing colors and combinations of colors in nature. Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself. You seem like an interesting person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister is 4'11" too. She hates to shop for clothes because all of her pants will need to be hemmed. I feel ya!

    I love riding my bike. I don't drive so bike is the best way for me to get around. It's been great considering how much I love bacon!

    ReplyDelete