Monday, March 15, 2010

Diamond Cosmetics Spring 2010

Hello all! Hope you are having a good start to the week!

Today I have swatches of the entire Spring collection from one of my faves: Diamond Cosmetics. I was worried at first I would be a bit bored by the pink shades, but my opinion quickly changed. Let's take a look, shall we? :c)

Razzmatazz - This is a pretty, soft, mauvy pink with a very strong purple/pink flash. That flash is what really makes this shade special. Otherwise it may have just been "it's pink. move on". This is much more special than that. This was actually the first I wore for a full mani! I like it because it's work-safe but not boring at all. This shade is very flattering. I can't imagine it looking bad on anyone. I think it's even more vibrant in real life than in the pic. This is 2 coats.

Orange Blush - What a perfectly descriptive name! This is a orange shade that is very pinkish, like it's blushing. The finish of this is a jelly meaning that it isn't a opaque creme. It is slightly translucent giving that soft "squishy" look. This is another soft, safe shade but very interesting. If orange polish is too garish for the occasion this is a great alternative. This is very springy to me. It's like a jelly bean! This is 3 coats.

Hot Lips - Whoa!! Hott! This is a super bold, fuchsia, nearly-neon, creme. I was really excited about this shade in the bottle because it was a very cool-leaning fuchsia and was deep and bold. But once I got it on my nails it didn't look the same. It looked warm and red. I realized it must be a bit transparent and my yellow nails underneath was what was altering the color so I layered it over a white creme on my thumb and that looked like the bottle color I was looking for! This is 2 coats.

Gypsy Pink - I love this name! This is a very red-sided fuchsia pink with tons o' shimmer! Very fun and festive! This is springy, but wild springy! No wimpy pastels here! Hott! This is 2 coats.

Serendipity - What a gorgeously perfect shade. I love this! This is a very gray, pale blue with silver shimmer. This is so gorgeous and perfect. I love the look of this. This is not boring at all but it is soft and delicate. How pretty!? I did have to do 3 coats to get it camera ready but you could probably get away with two. This is a must have!

Tranquility - This is the blue pastel creme that was missing from China Glaze's Up & Away collection! I love this sky blue creme! I have been itching for a shade just like this! I can stop searching! The formula of this reminds me of the Up & Away pastels too. It is very pigmented and a bit thick but that allows for a flawless 2-coat application. I love the name of it too but it seems to me that Serendipity is actually the tranquil one! This one seems bold and bright! That's okay. I don't care what it's called! This is hott!

The Spring collection from Diamond Cosmetics is available now and retails for $2.25 a bottle (man I love Diamond for their prices. Thank you for making such beautiful shades for such an affordable price!) or you can purchase the entire collection with 4 treatments and a nail file for $25. Click here to shop.

What do you think?!
-Elaine
:c)

Disclosure: The products featured in this post were furnished to me by the manufacturer or PR company for review. For more information please visit my disclosure policy.

5 comments:

  1. I love Razzmatazz - it was my ultimate favorite from the collection and such a gorgeous, wearable pink :)
    Orange Blush looks really awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking at your swatches! The curve of your nails reminds me of my grandma's nails (that's a compliment, as she is no longer around and was very special to me!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely colors!! Some OK ones, but mostly great!

    ReplyDelete