Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Color from Claire's

Hello lovelies! Back to regularly scheduled programming! I am back from New York and back to work! You may have noticed earlier I re-posted my Nubar Prisms because something was screwy with the first post. I felt that I couldn't just leave you with that for today since we already saw it, so I bring you a new color from Claire's that I picked up.

Dream Catcher - Very pretty jade green with a subtle bright green shimmer. Word on the street is that this is very similar to Chanel - Jade, which I don't have to compare because I just can't spring for that pricey stuff. I really love this color but I felt that the formula was a bit tricky. It was streaky leaving me to do 4 coats for this swatch.

And this is what happens when I think of adding polka dots to be cute. I used Migi Nail Art Pen in pink, but I think I may have overdone it a bit!! It reminds me of some sort of armored animal like a turtle or armadillo!

Have a great day!
-Elaine

10 comments:

  1. wow, this does look like Chanel Jade - at least close enough for a dupe that is affordable and available for purchase! It is really pretty. I love the dots :) you can never have too many polka dots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went searching for this one in my Claire's yesterday, and they didn't have it! I was so upset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a neat color; I am going to have to look out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color. =) on the second photo it looks like a pickle gone bad. LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour, shame about the formula...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! The dots are cute. I'm cracking up at Nihrida's "pickle gone bad" comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooooo, I just bought this color today!
    Love the pink dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Dream catcher!
    LOL at pickle gone bad! I was think a frog with chicken pox! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke - Aw! Thank you for saying you like my dots! And I am in total agreement about having an accessible Jade dupe! NICE!

    Danica - HEHE! Thank you! Def try it out!

    Jean - No! Some Claire's are slower than others. I have seen it. Be patient!

    gildedangel - You should definitely be on the look-out!

    nihrida - You kill me!! LOL!

    Cali369 - Yeah.. you really have to love it to deal with 4 coats.

    Liz - Thank you! :c)

    ainos2 - I hope you love it! Thank you!!

    Evil Angel - OMG!!! Froggy with the pox!!!

    rijaH - Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete