Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Some Nfu-Oh Flakie Swatches

The very first time I saw Nfu-Oh polish my jaw dropped. I needed them. The unique colors, those crazy flakies, that corset and dress bottle with bosoms! They had to be mine. I waited for a long time to give in to the temptation since they are a bit pricey. But a couple months ago I finally caved and purchased some of their "flakie" colors from the Victorian Series; the ones that have opalescent flakes that shine all different colors. I already showed you #40 over black here, but I have some more to share!


#45 - Sunlight/shade/close-up - I have seen a lot of excitement over several of Nfu-Oh's colors, especially flakie polishes like #51 and #60, and no one ever mentions #45. Well I am going to! This is outrageous!!! It is ablaze on the nails! This is a bright orange jelly with flakies that flash orange and yellow and a bit of green at an angle. This is in the Top 20. This swatch is 3 coats, but could definitely have been worn as 2.

#51 - Sunlight/shade/close-up - This is a violet jelly base with flakies that show red and orange straight on, but flash gold, green and blue at an angle. This is just incredible. It was out of stock on fabulousstreet.com (the only place that sells Nfu-Oh to the states) for quite some time and just recently came back. It was (one of) my NP Christmas present to myself! This swatch is 3 coats.

#52 - Sunlight/shade/close-up - This is a violet jelly base with flakies that flash colors between green and blue. The blue is mostly straight on and the green at an angle. This is so icy and cool. I love it. Unfortunately it looks like it is out of stock on fabulousstreet.com at the moment. This swatch is 4 coats.

And of course, we wouldn't be doing them any real justice if we didn't see flakies matte!!

#45 + China Glaze - Matte Magic - This is always how this polish should be worn! This is just too hott!

#51 + China Glaze - Matte Magic - So cool.

#52 + China Glaze - Matte Magic - This is so icy and frozen looking! Perfect winter mani.

Hope you like them and have a happy hump day!


-Elaine

14 comments:

  1. Drool........*wipes up drool off keyboard*

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are truly unique!
    Glad mine are coming in a few days! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty! I love how they look matte to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I hesitated to order, as they are pricy. Can't deny the wow effect though huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have all three of them and I am glad I do, they are worth the money :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 51 and 52 are great. In the UK just buy GOSH Rainbow and slap it over everything!
    Matte isn't permitted in my world so I'll not condescend to comment on those pix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any flakies and I'm kind of ashamed of myself. Definitely need to look into getting some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous, they look lovely matte too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wearing #51, over NYC "Skin tight denim", right now and I am in LOVE..I'm going to go home now and add a little matte magic to the mix...FYI Sally's has Matte magic on sale for 1.99, I picked up two extra bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing more of the line with us - I've never looked beyond the standard ones you mentioned, but I'll take a closer look at the rest now.

    How do you get them off of your nails? I have no problem taking off glitters, but I swatched them about 1.5 wks ago and there's still flakies around my cuticles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful is that first one! I've never seen that one swatched. It looks like lava on your fingernails. The others I've seen but not the first. Good choice. They all look fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, they look incredible with matte top coat! I want those too..seems I can't get them in Norway.. =(

    ReplyDelete