Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Swatches

Remember how I said Sally Hansen came out with new polishes and I had some to share? Well today is the day I am sharing! It's the new line that has been popping up: Complete Salon Manicure. First off, I love the bottles. They are 0.5 oz but they feel much bigger. They are huge and have a lot of glass making them pretty heavy. They are awesome! The base of the bottles are square, but going up in gets round. And there is a band of rubber on the top for ease of opening and holding while painting. Genius!

Yellow Kitty - Awww! Isn't this adorable!? That is exactly what I think when I look at this. This is a pale yellow cream. Not as bold and creamy as say BB Couture - Little Deuce Coupe, and not as jelly as Rescue Beauty Lounge - Squarepants. It's right in between. This went on pretty well for a yellow, but I did 3 coats still to make sure it was even. Do you think the name is a play on "Hello Kitty"? I wonder...

Thinking Of Blue - I love this color... SO MUCH! I had it on Friday and while at the dermatologist in the waiting room, I heard one of the ladies at the front desk say to the other "her nails are gorgeous". Aw! Awesome! This is a dark blue creme, but it isn't navy. It has a drop of purple, but I wouldn't call it blurple. I think it's indigo. Yup. That is what I am going with. I hear this is similar or maybe identical to Sephora by OPI - Blue Grotto, but I don't have it to compare. Sorry! This swatch is 2 coats.

Commander in Chic - Hottness. This is in that mushroom, brown-taupe catergory, and I can't believe it, but I think this is my first like this. Except maybe OPI - You Don't Know Jaques Matte. But that is matte. I don't have a regular creme like this. This swatch is three coats, but I did very, very thin coats. You could probably do two.

Gray by Gray - This name kills me! Does this look gray to you? NO! It is blue. A gray-ISH slate, blue. But it's very pretty regardless. It is reminding me of the new Spring release from RBL, 360. We'll have to see how they match up someday. This swatch is 2 coats.

Plum Luck - This is a plum creme. I don't have much more to say than that! Plum. Pretty. 3 coats.

Lavender Cloud - This looks white, I know. It is. Ha Ha! It has the ittiest, bittiest bit of lavender. It's like if you took one big fluffy cloud and added one drop of purple to it for the whole cloud. You can hardly tell. I made a comparison swatch next to a real white so that you can see it isn't pure white:

Lavender Cloud on the left and OPI - Alpine Snow on the right.

And I scanned the brochure I picked up at the drugstore so you can see what new colors there are:

PS - These have the same tapered brush as Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri polishes with the big, flat wand:
Have a lovely and relaxing Sunday!

11 comments:

  1. Grey by Grey reminds me of Misa Dirty Sexy Money! By why call it grey, it's clearly teal :)

    Thanks for all the swatches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaa, Gray by Gray is beautiful!!! I want it!!! But I can't have it because we don't have Sally Hansen polishes here in Slovenia. Aaaa...
    Thank you for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow Kitty and Gray by Gray are both gorgeous - I especially want to get a bottle of Yellow Kitty. I wonder if it is some kind of play on Hello Kitty.. weird. Thanks for the great swatches! Do you mind posting a picture of the bottle sometime? It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April and Ashley - Thank you!

    Kelly - Definitely similar to DSM, just bluer. Not gray, that is for sure! And you're welcome

    Maestra - I hate to tease my international readers! I'm glad you liked the pics at least!

    Brooke- It has to be from Hello Kitty, right? You're welcome and I will absolutely post bottle pics!

    Biba - Oooh! First to say something nice about Plum Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In what store did you get them?
    Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow Kitty is pretty, but the name kinda weirds me out. That blue is gorgeous, I think I need it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *need* to get me some. I love Gray by Gray (whichever color it is), Plum Luck (it might be a dupe for Orly Plum Noir)... all are great. Except the first one. I don't like that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could find Plum Luck and Yellow Kitty. *sigh* I am lusting for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used a neutral from this collection. It was Naked Ambitiion and has a very faint shimmer in it. I love the brushes. I don't like the Insta-Dri but why did I have such an easy time with this one? Crazy that they're the same and I liked the brush. I love the plum and the blue.

    ReplyDelete