Thursday, January 14, 2010

Playing With New Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear


While admiring the new Xtreme Wears I picked up, I started thinking that they would all go well together somehow. It made me think of Brooke's Up & Away mani on Getcha Nails Did here. So I gave it a shot, and it worked really well!

First I did the whole nail with two coats of Bubblegum Pink. Then I used Caribbean Coral and starting from the side near the base, I painted a curve across my nail to the opposite corner. It is pretty easy if you lay the hand down, and start at the edge facing you and paint out, not in. It's easier to draw a curve like that. I remember that from 6th grade. Weird.

Then I took Pacific Blue and did the same thing, just starting further up the nail. I love this look!

Have a great day!
-Elaine

19 comments:

  1. I like this design a lot! I'll have to try it. I'd like to try it with white, light green and dark green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pretty cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it does actually look good! WOW! :D
    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niiiiiice! I never would have guessed that pink, red, and blue would look so good together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails are gorgeous, but the mani... =) Not your best one (hope you don't find this offensive).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is very cool. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never Enough Nails - definitely! I really want to do different colors

    Natalie - Thank you!

    Tamara - THANK YOU!

    gildedangel - Thank you very much!

    Polish Hoarder - HAHA! I know it!

    nihrida - Thanks! I am not offended. :c) Not everyone is going to like the things I do! I just wonder if you don't like the colors, or the design?

    L - Thank you! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Think this would look nice using black, grey and purple polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your inspiration paid off - this totally has the same retro feel as Brooke's Up & Away mani. I love it! It reminds me of scrunchies and rainbows and roller skating rinks :) soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors bother me, the design is great. =) It reminds me too much of some clothes... a long story.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You did a FAB job :) I also liked it with just the pink and red, very Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to try this, seems fairly easy :P and it looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THIS! Totally ganking a photo for my inspiration folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i swear that i had a pair of short with this color combination when i was a kid!
    this mani looks great, its looks professional!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks once again for great inspiration! I tried this idea out on my blog yesterday with link to this post so everyone knows I didn't come up with this by myself. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for the idea and the tips on how to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete