Monday, January 25, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday


Here is a little something I rocked over the weekend. I started with a base of NYX - Dancing Queen, then I did a glitter gradient of OPI - Mad As A Hatter and a gradient of Lippmann Collection - Happy Birthday. I call it "A Very Merry Un-Birthday"!

The gradient wasn't very difficult to do. I started at the base, and with less polish on the brush than I would need for the whole nail, I made a couple of swipes only on the bottom third of the nail. Then I pushed a little bit toward the tip to get those few loose looking pieces. I did this with both glitters. Once the glitter was where I wanted it, I added a top coat and viola!

NYX - Dancing Queen, OPI - Mad As A Hatter, Lippmann Collection - Happy Birthday

Have a great Monday!
-Elaine

19 comments:

  1. Man, You nailed it once again! I love this so much! I might have to start getting some more glitter polishes so I can try this. A perfect weekend manicure that will go with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you did with these a lot. I really dislike both of those glitter polishes as a full many, but this is unique and a good way to use them without going overboard. Coolness. I think I would have done a more colorful base color though, but that's just me and my disdain for silver, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is, probably, my favorite gradient yet. Lippman's Happy Birthday is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! and the name is very creative :) I'll have to remember this when my birthday rolls around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the combination of smaller glitter with the larger, bolder pieces. A beautiful melding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely very cool! I love glitter gradients - and they're so easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Happy Birthday!It's my number one lemming with Ruby Red Slippers but unfortunately I can't get them in EU!Awesome mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one! I must get Happy Birthday one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I love, love, LOVE glitter! It looks so difficult. I guess I'd better practice! Thanks for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great concept - this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this!!!!! I don't have either of those glitters and this makes me want to go buy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, it was my unbirthday too! Love your creativity and the Alice in Wonderland reference. (Um, you and I actually have the same birthdate-9/22)
    xoxo
    Sky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this, it turned out very nice. I think Happy Birthday is too loud when it's covering whole nail, but this is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 2 glitter polishes make a really gorgeous combination!

    ReplyDelete