Wednesday, November 25, 2009

China Glaze Specialty Polishes

Hello all! I are you all getting ready for Thanksgiving?! (To those in the US!) I am going to get to work on that as soon as I can, but I still have to work work work! And I have to bring you some nail pics, don't I?
:c)

Today I thought I would show you the handful of China Glaze Specialty Glitters that I have. The specialty glitters are the ones recently released that were 50 limited edition colors. I wanted to get as many as possible before I posted them but I haven't gotten around to getting more yet so I will just show off what I got!

Medallion - This is awesome! This polish has gold glitter, and tons of different sized holographic glitter suspended in a clear base. I just wish the coverage was better. This swatch was 4 coats.


Atlantis - This is a turquoise jelly polish filled with mono-sized holographic glitter. Gorgeous! It's like swimming in the Caribbean with the sun shining through the water giving off flashes of the rainbow. This swatch is 3 coats.


Dreamsicle - This is a creamsicle-orange packed with iridescent glitter that flashes orange, green, blue and purple. With a topcoat it is decently smooth.


Meteor Shower - I love the base of this dark blue. It is like a dark denim that pulls slightly purple, like Naturistics - Crystal Blue Pearl. The glitter is the iridescent type in Dreamsicle, but this one doesn't look smooth even with a big thick coat of Seche Vite top coat. It still looks lumpy. I would still wear it. Maybe I should try another layer or two of top coat.


Ginger - This is a smooth, well pigmented, burnt orange with small and larger but more sparse, holographic glitter. This picture is slightly blurred to show the holo goodness!

Have a great day and a nice holiday!
-Elaine

4 comments:

  1. Atlantis and Meteor Shower are the only ones from this post I have (I also have Nova and Glacier), but now I'm lemming Medallion as well! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlantis looks gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to look for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keerhamina - Thank you! I like Medallion as well!

    gildedangel - I love them!

    Anonymous - It is pretty special!

    ReplyDelete